low cost travel insurance for city breaks, holidays, cruises You may have to pay thousands of pounds for medical treatment if you are taken ill or have an accident while abroad. Research conducted by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office shows that a third of those who don’t have travel insurance choose not to because they were only going on a short break.

If you are planning to travel on a City Break, Cruise, Beach holiday, back-packing, or winter sports then you should take out travel insurance. Travel insurance is available for single travellers, couples, families, over-65’s and for people with existing medical conditions.

You should still take out comprehensive travel insurance even if you have a European Health Insurance Card

Every year, Foreign Office staff provide assistance to thousands of British nationals, who have no travel insurance or invalidated their policy by not declaring existing conditions.

Foreign Office Minister Mark Simmonds said:

“Our consular staff around the world deal with thousands of cases each year that prove that things can and do go wrong. Being prepared can mean the difference between the holiday of a lifetime and a holiday from hell.

We will do everything we can to support people who find themselves needing medical assistance or treatment abroad, but the Foreign Office cannot pay medical bills or fund medical repatriation back to the UK. Taking out comprehensive travel insurance and declaring any medical condition may be an added expense at the time but it’s a worthwhile investment compared to what you could end up paying if something goes wrong when you are on holiday.”

To receive an instant quote for travel insurance, click on the image below: